- Be sure to keep candles away from any holiday decorations and any other combustible materials.
- Try to choose decorations that are made from flame-resistant, flame-retardant or non-combustible materials.
- When purchasing lights and electrical decorations, check to see if they have been certified by an independent testing lab. It is also important that you follow the manufacturer instructions.
- Before utilizing any strands of lights, you should carefully inspect and replace any and all broken bulbs before plugging them in.
- When utilizing many extension cords, be sure to not overload them by connecting more strands than allowed.
- If you are leaving the house or going to bed, make sure to turn off all of your lights and electrical decorations.
- During the holidays, the leading cause of home fires is unattended cooking. With so much going on during the holidays its easy to leave the stove unattended
- Install a fire detection device from ADT to one of your monitored home security systems. The alarm will sound and alert the fire department. So whether you are home or away your home is protected one of ADTs trusted home alarm systems.
ADT wants you to know that no matter where you or your family is, your home is protected. ADT has been in business for over 130 years and is trusted and recommended by law enforcement everywhere. They specialize in ADT home security systems and home alarm systems all over southern California in areas like: Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County and San Diego County. So if you are looking for help with Los Alamitos ADT or maybe even Westminster ADT, Advance Alert security systems can help. They can answer any of the questions you may have about Los Alamitos home security systems, Los Alamitos home alarm systems, Westminster home security systems and Westminster home alarm systems. Visit Advance Alert security systems today for more information on how their home alarms can help you.