How to Prepare Valerian Root Tea
- 1). Wash the mason jar and lid, then dry them thoroughly. Set the jar aside while you mix your tea.
- 2). Add the valerian root, chamomile, rose hips and orange zest to the ceramic bowl. Use a spoon, or your hands, to blend the herbs together.
- 3). Fill a tea ball with approximately 1 tbsp. of the herb mixture. Do not fill your ball more than half way because you want to leave room for the herbs to expand when they get wet. Set the ball aside.
- 4). Put water on to boil and put the rest of the tea mixture into the mason jar, for future use. You can store this tea for up to 6 months.
- 5). Pour a half-inch of boiling water into the bottom of the mug. Swirl the water around to heat the mug, then pour the water out.
- 6). Put the tea ball into the warmed mug and fill the mug with one cup of boiling water. Let the tea steep for ten minutes.
- 7). Remove the tea ball and add honey and lemon to taste. Your tea is now ready to drink.