How to Make a Volleyball Program in Microsoft Publisher
- 1). Open Microsoft Publisher. Click the "Programs" button at the bottom of the "Available Templates" screen. There is no specific volleyball program template included, but all templates are customizable. Double-click a template and it opens in the Publisher workspace.
- 2). Review the "Page Navigation" pane on the left side of the screen. This gives a preview of the program's layout.
- 3). Click into the title or headline on the cover of the program. The text becomes highlighted. Type directly over it with the volleyball headline, such as "Introducing the 2011 Team" or "Congrats 2010 Banquet."
- 4). Click once on the placeholder picture included with the template. Press the "Delete" key to remove it. Click the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen. Select "Picture." Browse to a photo of the team and double-click the file name; the picture appears in place on the program's cover.
- 5). Repeat the delete and insertion process to replace other pictures throughout the brochure. Add stock artwork of volleyballs, nets and players by clicking the "Insert" tab and selecting "Clip Art." Type "volleyball" into the "Search for" box, click "Go," scroll through the results and double-click a picture to add it to the program.
- 6). Click inside the placeholder text boxes on the brochure and type over the information to include team names, positions and numbers; words of encouragement; information about the team's record; award winners; and any other details.
- 7). (Optional) Type over a placeholder text box with a list of "thanks" or names/organizations to recognize as the volleyball team sponsors and donors.
- 8). Click the "Insert" tab, select "Picture" and browse to a digital copy of the team logo. Double-click the file name and drag the logo into place on the program, such as on the back cover.
- 9). Type over a placeholder text box with details on how to contact team management, such as tryout dates, sponsorship representatives, a website and an email address.
Click the "File" tab. Select "Save As." Type a name for the program and click "Save" to save it to the computer.