How to boost your immune system
- 1). Eat a proper diet. Beef, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, tea and yogurt provide your body with the best immunity and you should eat them everyday.
- 2). Include other immune-boosting foods in your diet, such as blueberries, broccoli, garlic, spinach and tomatoes (see Resources).
- 3). Exercise regularly. Moving increases your circulation which keeps your body healthy. You can walk, do aerobics, use an exercise bike, or anything else you enjoy. Just move!
- 4). Drink plenty of water. You should drink 8 glasses a day.
- 5). Set up a sleep schedule and stick to it. You should get 7-8 hours a night. Set a bedtime and wake-up time and stick to it consistently to sleep better.
- 6). Keep stress under control. Try yoga, deep breathing exercises and meditation to keep stress from attacking your immune system.
- 7). Listen to music that you like.
- 8). Control the amount of unwelcome noise that you're exposed to. Close your windows, use earplugs, turn down the volume or do anything else you need to get away from any intrusive noise.
- 9). Spend time with other people. Nurturing, touch and support are all important to boosting the immune system.