How to Wire a Breaker Box in an RV
- 1). Remove each wire from its corresponding fuse if the fuse panel is not part of the converter/charger unit. Be sure to label for polarity and fuse valve.
- 2). Hook up the new breaker panel in reverse order. Make sure you use the same fuse valve as the breaker valve.
- 3). Set up the panel yourself using breakers if the fuse panel is part of the converter/charger unit. Turn the shore power off to disconnect the main "hot" supply lead from the fuse block.
- 4). Run the "hot" supply lead to the new breaker panel. Try to keep the distance as short as possible.
- 5). Draw new leads from the breaker panel back to each of the circuits the breakers supply. Make sure to keep the panel is closed. The farther they run the more the voltage drops and could cause equipment failure or even a fire.