The Hilton Heathrow is definitely not a budget hotel but check the special offers and you may get a good deal, especially for bookings starting on a Friday night. The appeal of it over other airport hotels is that you can walk there from Heathrow's Terminal 4 (or dial up a golf-cart ride if you have mobility difficulties) so it's convenient if you're in London for a short stay or stopping en route.
- Walking distance from Heathrow Terminal 4, about 20 minutes.
- Sound proofing means no plane or traffic noise, and almost no interior hotel noise.
- Friendly service and excellent standards in rooms and restaurants.
- Standard rooms 24 sq m (so you can actually walk around the bed on three sides).
- Express check-out an option.
- The covered walkway ends just around the corner from the hotel entrance.
- No left luggage facility at hotel (you can do this at Terminal 4, for a fee).
Telephone: 020 8759 7755
- Accommodation options: standard rooms, executive rooms, and suites.
- Swimming pool, health club, spa.
- Choice of restaurants.
- High-speed internet access (extra fee).
Submitted by Marion Boddy-Evans:
The hotel's website says it’s soundproofed, but I would never have believed such soundproofing was possible. The hotel is adjacent to a large roundabout and Terminal 4, under the flight-path of planes, yet you don't hear any traffic or plane noise once inside.
It's the first quiet night I've ever had in a city.
The service and accommodation are what you'd expect from a hotel of this caliber – friendly, competent, stylish, elegant. Pick your adjective. Everything worked smoothly, everything was in place. I'd booked online in advance, so checking in was fast. Checking out using the express check-out option was even faster; just dropping the form and room keycard into the slot.
The buffet breakfast offered a vast array of options, more than enough to set you up for the day. You could make it the main meal of the day if you booked a B&B package.