The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. It is replaced by the Kenmore 4-Burner Gas Grill Model# 464220110.
This Kenmore gas grill by Char-Broil is typical of the low end, mass-market gas grills. Poor quality components with poor quality construction. The Kenmore 16114 is a basic grill with side burner The one feature that works is it's Sears support, because they will get you replacement parts for as long as the warranty lasts, which isn't long.
This is a grill with basic features, poor cooking abilities and nothing to make you want to actually own it. This is definitely a grill to avoid. The move to thin, porcelain painted steel body parts reduced the shipping cost and weakens the grill.
- Full feature grill
- Cheap burners
- Low BTU output for the size
- Poor quality construction
- Large amount of plastic
- Internal components prone to rusting
- Three 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 420 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 596 square inches
- 30,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU standard side burner
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Hood mounted temperature gauge
- Low grade 430 stainless steel and powder coated steel construction
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Built by Char-Broil in China for Sears and K-Mart Stores
Guide Review - Kenmore 3-Burner Stainless Steel Model# 464323510
The Kenmore 16114 Gas Grill is a basic 3-burner grill with side burner.
There is nothing unique or interesting about this grill. If you really want to know about this grill, go see one. When you do, lift the lid and give it a good shake. This should tell you all you need to know about it. Otherwise keep reading.
The construction of this grill is weak. It is designed to weight as little as possible to reduce the shipping costs from China where is it made. It is also designed to be on sale. If you insist on buying it, get on sale price and not the full $250USD that it says it sells for. The 10,000 BTU side burner is a standard unit. There isn't actually a single component on this grill that is of value.
Char-Broil has made the low end gas grills for the Sears Kenmore brand for many years. They are designed to be a low cost grill. In years past they were relatively quality units. Unfortunately foreign competition has crushed these units. Now these units don't even have the rust resistant cast aluminum bodies. Choosing to use painted steel body parts reduces the shipping costs of this unit but means that the body will get extremely hot (potential burn hazard) and that the lid and body of the grill are now prone to rusting.