How to Attach Fringe to a Knitted Afghan
- 1). Measure and cut a 9-inch length of yarn. Use it as a template for other pieces. Cut three to five pieces of yarn for each tassel you want to make.
- 2). Make a bundle of three to five pieces of yarn. Line up the pieces evenly, and then fold the bundle in half.
- 3). Pull open one stitch on the outside row of the edge of the afghan, at or near the corner. Squeeze the folded edge of the yarn bundle through the stitch.
- 4). Pull the ends of the yarn through the loop created by the folded edge. Tighten the knot by pulling firmly on the ends.
- 5). Repeat this process at even intervals along the edge of the afghan, and then continue with any other sides you want to fringe. Trim the ends of the tassels so they are even.