How to Amend a Lease Agreement for Free
- 1). Discuss the terms to be altered and come to an agreement.
- 2). Draft a document based on the agreed-upon amendments. Include the date of the original lease, the current date, the tenant's name, the landlord's name, and the address of the tenant.
- 3). List the amendments to the original lease in detail.
- 4). Sign and date the lease amendment. Both the tenant and landlord must sign and date the lease.
- 5). Make a copy of the amended lease so both parties will have it for reference.