How to Obtain a Guyanese Passport
- 1). Identify which of the four ways of obtaining Guyanese citizenship best applies to you and your specific circumstances.
- 2). Download, print and complete the passport application form shown on the website of the Guyanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The form is also available from any Guyanese embassy or consulate in the U.S. for an $1 fee.
- 3). Pay for three full-face black and white, or color, passport-size photos. Only pictures taken against a clear background are valid. Machine prints are not accepted.
- 4). Obtain a money order or bank draft payable to the Embassy of the Republic of Guyana. As of January 2011, a standard three-page passport cost $60 and a six-page "business" passport is $120. All applicants in the U.S. will need to add a further $6 to the money order or bank draft to cover postage costs. Postage costs in other countries vary. In addition to the above charges, applicants who need a new passport immediately can pay an additional $35 for an express processing service.
- 5). Gather all the documents required to support your application, including your old Guyanese passport, if you have it, and send it by registered mail to the Guyanese embassy closest to you.
- 6). Examine your new passport carefully to ensure all your personal details are correct.