How to Make an Inside Beach Party
- 1). Send out invitations. Include the date, time and location. Indicate that it's a beach party and tell guests to wear swimsuits and other beach gear. Think of a creative way to present the invitation, like rolling up the paper in a sand-filled bottle or attaching cocktail umbrellas. You can also use real vacation postcards from Miami or other beach cities. Send your invitations at least two weeks before the party.
- 2). Decorate the house. Place beach balls, umbrellas, tiki torches, plastic palm trees, seashells, inner tubes and other beachy items throughout the house. Hang posters of beach vacation destinations, surfboards and colorful beach towels on the walls.
Create a "beach" by scattering sand in an area of the house that you don't mind getting messy. For seating, use fold-up beach chairs.
- 3). Prepare the refreshments. Serve tropical drinks such as mai tais, tequila sunrises, frozen daiquiris, pina coladas and mojitos. For non-alcoholic parties, serve up cold smoothies, tropical fruit juice and ice cold sodas. For food, serve hot dogs, Hawaiian sandwiches with ham and pineapple, Italian ices, popsicles and key lime pie.
- 4). Put together a playlist of beach music. Hawaiian luau music or surf songs by the Beach Boys and Jimmy Buffet will get people in the proper mood.
- 5). Plan activities. Hula hoop contests, limbo dance offs, ring toss and paddle ball games are appropriate choices. Place instant developing cameras around the house so people can take photos of the event.