How to Re-Title a School Bus As an RV in North Carolina
- 1). Make sure the previous seller has signed a clean title for the school bus over to your name, or that your existing title is free of liens.
- 2). Begin converting the school bus into a recreational vehicle. All renovations need not be completed before re-titling your vehicle as a recreational vehicle in North Carolina.
- 3). Take your bus registration, North Carolina driver’s license, and cash or checkbook to a Division of Motor Vehicles License Plate Renewal Office. Obtain and complete the “Body Style Correction Form.”
- 4). Complete paperwork for your North Carolina vehicle title. Have all forms notarized in the License Plate Renewal Office.
- 5). Pay all fees ($28 for the title, $5 for the notary service, plus any tax due on your vehicle). Receive your new license plate and vehicle title.