How to Disable a Safety Bag Alarm in a 1995 Ford Ranger
- 1). Open your Ranger's hood and take off the negative and positive battery cables using a 9/16-inch or 1/2-inch socket wrench. Wait 10 to 20 minutes before proceeding.
- 2). Locate the fuse panel on the lower dash to the right of the steering wheel. Pull off the plastic cover. Look at the fuse diagram on the inside of the cover. Use pliers to remove the fuse that powers the air bags and air bag alarm.
- 3). Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the center console tray in place, then lift the console.
- 4). Locate the airbag control module at the front of the center console, beneath the cup holder. Squeeze in the two plastic tabs on the sides of the airbag control module and unplug the wiring harness.
- 5). Replace the center console tray and screw it down.
- 6). Replace the battery cables.
- 7). Take your Ranger to a mechanic as soon as possible to have the air bag system checked, as driving without air bags is dangerous.