The Care of Moonstone Gems
- 1). Place your moonstone jewelry away from anything that could scrape or scratch it. Wrap each piece in a small soft cloth and put it in a box for safe keeping.
- 2). Keep your moonstone jewelry away from any place that receives direct sunlight. Also, ensure that the stones do not get wet. Avoid keeping moonstones in humid environments such as a bathroom closet.
- 3). Avoid wearing your moonstone jewelry when doing housework, particularly if you use strong cleaning agents. Stay away from strenuous tasks that could damage the stones, such as sports activities, when wearing them. Avoid cosmetics and perfume because acids in these substances can damage the stones.
- 4). Use a soft brush and cloth to clean the stones regularly. If you want to wash your stones, use a mild liquid soap and warm water. Rinse very well. Soap can leave a dulling film on moonstones.
- 5). Dry thoroughly after washing and before putting the stones away. Place in a jewelry pouch for protection.
- 6). Take your moonstone jewelry to a jeweler if the stones lose their glow over time. A jeweler can repolish the stones so that they shine again.