- 1). Locate the post office where you want to rent your box. Go to the U.S. Postal Service website at usps.com. Look at the "Receiving Mail" tab in the right-hand column. Click "Find or Renew a PO Box" in the drop-down menu.
- 2). Click "PO Boxes Online" on the next page, and then click "Get Started Now."
Enter your address or ZIP Code in the "Find a PO Box Location Near You" section on the next page.
- 3). Select the size box that you want. The USPS offers boxes in five sizes, ranging from 3 by 5.5 inches at $60 per year to 22.5 by 12 inches at $320 per year. Click "Continue".
- 4). Register as a new user by entering a username, password and password hint. Complete the PO Box application form online. Enter your credit card information. Review the information for accuracy and click "Submit." The postal service will email a receipt to you.
- 5). Print the PO Box Application Form 1093. Take it to the local post office with your emailed receipt and two forms of identification. The clerk will give you your box number and your key.