How to Register a Limited Liability Company in Massachusetts
Forming an LLC Online
- 1). Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be assigned a customer ID number and a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- 2). Log onto Massachusett's Corporations Online Filing System by clicking on the link in the Resources section below. Type your Customer ID Number and your PIN number into the appropriate boxes.
- 3). Complete the online application by entering the following information: the name of your LLC, the street address of your LLC office, the purpose of your business, how long your business is to last, the name and address of your registered agent, and the name and address of the organizers.
- 4). Submit the completed application and pay the filing fee of $500 as of 2010 with a credit card.
Form an LLC in Person or By Mail
- 1). Obtain a copy of the Massachusetts LLC Certificate of Organization. Click on the link in the Resources section to view a printable PDF version.
- 2). Fill in the required information on each line. The form has nine lines and a section on the third page that needs to be completed. Write the required information on each line. Sign the bottom of page two and fill in the LLC contact information at the bottom of page three.
- 3). Send or hand deliver the completed form and a check payable to The Commonwealth of Massachusetts to Secretary of the Commonwealth, Corporations Division, 1 Ashburton Place, 17th Floor, Boston, MA 02108-1512. As of 2010, the filing fee was $500.