How to Make Pot Roast With Pampered Chef Stoneware
- 1). Sprinkle the roast generously with salt and pepper. Place it in a Pampered Chef stoneware baking dish with plenty of room and begin preheating the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2). Wash the vegetables to remove the dirt. Slice the onions in half and remove their outer peels. Remove the tops and bottoms of the celery stalks and cut the celery into 3-inch pieces.
- 3). Place the potatoes around the roast, distributing them evenly around the baking dish. Add the carrots, onions and celery around the roast also.
- 4). Combine the red wine and the tomato sauce and stir to mix. Pour the mixture over the top of the beef and vegetables.
- 5). Put the cover on the baking dish and place it in the oven. Bake for approximately three hours. The baking time will depend on the size of the beef and how well done you like your meat.
- 6). Remove the baking dish from the oven after the meat is done. Take the roast out of the baking dish and place it on a wooden cutting board. Slice the pot roast to serve. Keep the vegetables warm in the baking dish by covering them with the lid.
- 7). Serve the pot roast with cooking juices drizzled over the top and vegetables on the side.