How to Watch Netflix Movies on a Mac
Streaming on Mac
- 1). Sign up for a Netflix subscription. Select the plan you want, starting at $8.99 per month to have one DVD mailed to you at a time. Enter your payment information, as well as your mailing address.
- 2). Check your Mac to make sure you have an Intel-based Mac with OS 10.4.8 or later, Firefox 2 or higher, at least 1 GB of RAM or Safari 3 or higher.
- 3). Browse the Netflix streaming selection and find the movie or TV show you want to watch. The database only has certain movies for streaming, mainly older movies and a few new releases.
- 4). Click on the movie you want to watch and wait for the Netflix streaming player to buffer. Once the movie starts, click the "Full Screen" option on the player and enjoy the show.
- 5). If the movie stops frequently to buffer because of network speed, pause it for several minutes to give it adequate time to load. Keep doing this periodically if the problem continues. It's better to watch several 15-minute chunks of a movie than a bunch of 30-second clips.
DVD on Mac
- 1). Complete Step 1 in Section 1.
- 2). Build your Netflix queue, which is your list of movies that you want sent to you, organized in the order you want to watch them. Browse through the database of movies and select "Add to Queue" when you find one you want.
- 3). Wait for your first DVD to be sent to your address in a white sleeve with a DVD inside.
- 4). Insert the Netflix DVD from your queue into the DVD drive in your Mac. Wait for the main video player on your Mac to pop up and the DVD menu to appear. Click play on the menu and begin watching.