How to Make a Zig Zag Friendship Bracelet With Two Colors
- 1). Cut three 45-inch strands of each color of floss. Call one color "A" and the other "B." Arrange the strands in a row, alternating colors. Start with a strand of A on the outside left.
- 2). Tie the strands together at the top. Secure to a table with a piece of tape or push a safety pin through the knot and attach to a seat cushion or your pant leg.
- 3). Tie the first strand on the left, A, around the strand to the right of it, B. Make the knot by forming a loop with A over B, then bring the end of A through the loop and pull, sliding the knot up strand B. Make another knot over the next strand, which is another strand A. Work your way across, making one knot on each strand with the first strand.
- 4). Make a knot with strand B, which is now the outermost strand on the left, over the strand just to the right of it, A. Make a knot with B across the rest of the strands.
- 5). Keep making knots with the strand on the outer left side until you have made a row of knots with each of the six strands.
- 6). Make a knot with the strand on the outer side on the right. This will be the same strand as the one you finished making knots with from left to right. It should be a B strand. Tie the knot in the reverse of the way you made the first series of knots, bringing the loop over the strand to the left of B. Work your way across the row of strands until you've made knots all the way across.
- 7). Continue making knots across the strands to the left, then to the right, until you have a zig-zag bracelet that is the length you'd like. Tie all the strands together at the end of the bracelet and tie around your friend's wrist.