1. Wear sunglasses when you're going out on a sunny day. The sun's glare can make you squint a lot which can encourage the development of lines around your eyes. Apart from the sun's glare, poor vision can also make you squint a lot so make sure that you wear prescription glasses or contacts.
2. Get a good eye cream and use it religiously. Unknown to many, not all eye creams are made equally. What may work for your friend might not necessarily work for you. Choosing a good eye cream is a trial and error process, so once you've found the perfect cream for you, stick to it forever.
3. Never ever rub your eyes. Rubbing the delicate skin around your eyes can cause them to wrinkle and discolor. Apart from that you can also spread nasty germs and bacteria to your eye if you rub it with your bare hands.
4. Pat, don't rub. When applying eye skin care products such as eye creams or eye makeup, make sure to apply it in a patting motion and not in a rubbing motion. Try to avoid pulling and tugging your eye skin when applying eye liner as well.
5. Sleep well. Getting adequate sleep every day is the best thing that you can do for your body and most especially to your skin. Sleep heals. It rejuvenates and repairs our system so don't deprive yourself of this luxury.
6. Avoid unhealthy vices such as smoking and drinking. Smoking and drinking can dry out your skin at a much faster rate. This makes your skin more prone to premature skin aging so try to keep your lifestyle as healthy as possible.