Chronic Yeast Infection Symptoms
- Yeast infections in genital areas, mouth or on the nipples of your breasts may cause persistent swelling, redness and intense itching of your skin.
- Chronic yeast infections in your vagina and genital area can result in prolonged pain, especially from friction caused by sexual intercourse or scrubbing your skin while bathing.
- Women with chronic vaginal yeast infections may experience an unusual amount of vaginal discharge, an unpleasant vaginal odor, and swelling that makes the use of a tampon or having vaginal sex difficult.
- Babies and adults with chronic oral yeast infections may have painful and difficult swallowing as a result of swelling of the tongue and inflammation of the throat and esophagus.
- Weight loss may result from chronic infections of your digestive system because of a difficulty eating and drinking, and can be a serious health issue for babies and young children.
- If the fungus gets into your blood stream, chronic yeast infections may spread throughout your entire body. Without urgent medical treatment, this can be a life-threatening condition .