How to Write a Thank You Speech for Accepting a Teacher's Award
- 1). Create an opening expressing thanks for the award. Within the opening, give a general thank you to administers, parents or general coworkers. If specific individuals are responsible for presenting the award, thank them by name. Keep the thank yous short, but be sure to include every person who deserves credit in the presentation of your teacher award.
- 2). Continue the speech with a short review of what the award means to you as a teacher. If time allows, insert a small anecdote about teaching that demonstrates how the job affects you and enriches your life. Use this time to smile and convey to the audience humility and grace in receiving the honor.
- 3). Close the speech with additional thanks. Mentioning specific people in the closing is not necessary. The thank you associated with the closing is completed quickly, usually followed by a descent from the stage.
- 4). Review the speech for completion. Be sure every person or group associated with the award is mentioned in the speech. Review the speech for grammatical or spelling errors which may cause mistakes during speech delivery.
- 5). Read the speech aloud, using a timer. There may be a limited amount of time for speech delivery so make sure the speech is able to be delivered under the time alloted.