How to Create Animation at Home with Adobe Photoshop
- 1). Load the image you would like to use onto your computer. You can transfer it from a camera or you can scan it in.
- 2). Open Photoshop. Select "File" from the menu and choose "New." In the new document dialog that appears, set the pixel width and height to what you want for your animation. If you want the animation to be placed directly against the web page background, change the "Background" to "Transparent." Click "OK."
- 3). Select the "Pen" tool from the tools on the left, set the tool to "Shape," choose the color in the options and draw the shape on the canvas. An alternative is to use the "Custom Shape" tool to place one of the preset shapes on the canvas.
- 4). Select "File" from the menu and choose "Open." In the dialog that appears, locate the image you loaded and open it. Right-click on the layer and choose "Duplicate." Make the animation document the "Destination." Click "OK."
- 5). Go back to the animation document. Your photo image will be the top layer. Resize it to what you want for the animation. Now use the "Text" tool to add any text you want.
- 6). Select "Windows" from the menu and choose "Animation." An animation timeline will appear under the canvas.
- 7). Click on the "Duplicate" button under the timeline. Select the first frame and use the "Move" tool to position the items in each layer. Repeat with the second frame.
- 8). Click on the "Tweening" button under the timeline. In the dialog that appears, choose the number of frames you want in the animation. When you click "OK," Photoshop will add all the frames you need between the two you had before. Under the frames, set the "Duration" for each frame.
- 9). Select "File" and choose "Save for Web or Devices." In the dialog that appears, choose GIF as the file type. Click "Save," name your file and click "Save" again.