Chondroitin Glucosamine Side Effects
Common Side Effects
- As mentioned, there are certain side effects associated with using this medication. Some of these include upset stomach, nausea, heartburn, vomiting, diarrhea, increased thirst, dehydration, stomach pains, bloating and sore throat. While these are considered the most common side effects associated with using chondroitin glucosamine, they only affect a small number of users.
Severe Side Effects
- Unfortunately, there are also a number of severe side effects associated with using this medication. Some of these side effects include severe allergic reaction, difficulty breathing, sore throat, swelling of the lips and throat, tightening of the chest and trouble swallowing. These side effects also are very rare and do not affect a large number of users.
Important Safety Information
- Not all chondroitin glucosamine supplements have been approved by the FDA for quality and effectiveness. As a result, it is strongly recommended to take extreme caution when using this supplement. For best results, purchase this supplement from a reliable source to ensure safety. If you have diabetes or a blood clotting disorder, consult with your doctor to ensure that treatment with this supplement is right for you.
- Always use this supplement in direct conjunction with your doctor's orders and never in dosages larger than what has been recommended by your doctor. This medication is usually taken one or two times per day and should always be taken with a full glass of water. Chondroitin glucosamine has been known to increase blood sugar levels in users. As a result, you should always monitor your blood sugar while using this medication if you suffer from diabetes.
- If you experience any of the above side effects, contact your local physician immediately.
If an overdose is suspected, contact the poison control center and head directly to the nearest emergency room.
Chondroitin glucosamine is meant to treat the above ailments only and should never be used for any other medical condition unless specifically prescribed by a doctor.