Ford Explorer Auto Specifications
- Ford is a manufacturer of cars, crossovers, trucks and SUVs, including the 2010 Ford Explorer. The Explorer's base model starts at $29,280 as of November 2010. It features molded splash guards, window deflectors, step bars, chrome exhaust tips and an aluminum fuel tank door.
- The 2010 Ford Explorer comes with a 4.0-liter V-6 engine with a 245 cubic displacement that generates 210 horsepower at 5,100 revolutions per minute (rpm) and 254 ft.-lbs. of torque at 3,700 rpm. The vehicle holds 22.5 gallons of gas and receives 14 miles per gallon (mpg) in the city and 20 mpg on the highway.
- When five people are in the car, the Ford Explorer has 85.8 cubic feet of cargo space in the first row and 45.1 cubic feet of cargo room in the second row. When seven passengers are in the vehicle, the Explorer has 83.7 cubic feet of cargo volume in the first row, 43.9 cubic feet of cargo space in the second row and 13.6 cubic feet of cargo room in the third row.
- The inside of the 2010 Ford Explore has 39.8 inches of head room in the first row, 38.7 inches of head room in the second row and 37.4 inches of head room in the third row.
The interior offers 42.4 inches of legroom, 36.9 inches of legroom in the second row and 34.9 inches of legroom in the third row.
Hip room available includes 55.4 inches in the first row, 55.5 inches in the second row and 45.3 inches in the third row.
Shoulder room in the Ford Explorer includes 59 inches in the first row, 58.9 inches in the second row and 53.1 inches in the third row.
- The 2010 Ford Explorer is 71.9 inches high, 84.8 inches wide with a height of 71.9 inches. The maximum trailer weight is 3,500 lbs. and gross combined weight rating of 8,500 lbs.