How to Install an AEV JK Wrangler Front Bumper
Remove Old Bumper
- 1). Remove the plastic pop-out rivets that are securing the front grille with a small screw. Drive the screw ¼ of the way into a rivet with the power drill and pull it out. Take off the grille and set it aside.
- 2). Slide the plug latch to expose the electrical connectors for the turn signals. Disconnect the left light and right turn signals wires from the socket.
- 3). Unbolt the air dam and the plastic piece that is under the front grille with the socket wrench.
- 4). Find and disconnect the wiring for the fog lights from the wiring harness. Remove the fog lights from the bumper by using the screwdriver. Tie the wires back so they are away from the bumper.
- 5). Remove the bolts that are used to secure the bumper from the frame rail with the socket wrench. Take off the bumper and set it aside.
Install New Bumper
- 1). Position the new bumper so that it is centered on the frame. Insert the bolts into the mounting holes and tighten by using the socket wrench.
- 2). Insert the fog lights into the new bumper and secure them with the screwdriver. Reconnect the wiring to the wiring harness.
- 3). Set the air dam and plastic piece back on the vehicle. Secure them by tightening the bolts by using the socket wrench.
- 4). Place the grille back on the front of the vehicle. Insert new plastic push-in screws to secure the grille to the vehicle.
- 5). Plug the left and right turn signals wires back into the socket.