Teachers can use these activities with proverbs in the classroom to help your learners.
Accidents will happen.
Mistakes and bad events naturally happen. It's not your fault.
Better late than never.
It's good you came to something.
The customer is always right.
People who pay money for something you sell deserve respect.
You can only die once.
Nothing in life is so bad.
Easy does it.
Be careful, don't go to fast.
Every man has his price.
Every person will do anything for enough money.
Fight fire with fire.
If someone is aggressive with you, be aggressive with that person.
If you can't be good, be careful.
When you do something that mom and dad won't like, don't be too crazy.
Home is where the heart is.
Your true place is with people you love.
The king can do no wrong.
People with a lot of power, the boss, etc. do wrong, but are not criticized by others.
Knowledge is power.
Learning will help you succeed in life.
Live and learn.
Living teaches you lessons, take advantage of the lessons.
He lives long who lives well.
Living healthfully will lead to a long life.
Money isn't everything.
Money is not the only important thing in life.
Never say never.
Life will surprise you, don't say no to things.
Never too old to learn.
No matter how old you are you should learn new things.
No news is good news.
If you don't hear anything from someone, it means that everything is OK.
Out of sight, out of mind.
If you don't see or hear about something, you won't worry about it.
You get what you pay for.
Quality items are never cheap.
Every picture tells a story.
Each situation tells you something about the people and places involved.
Match the proverbs below with the appropriate situations for the proverb.
- Better late than never.
- The king can do no wrong.
- Never say never.
- You get what you pay for.
- He lives long who lives well.
- No news is good news.
- Easy does it.
- Every man has his price.
- Home is where the heart is.
- Out of sight, out of mind.
- Fight fire with fire.
- Every picture tells a story.
- The customer is always right.
- You can only die once.
- Knowledge is power.
- Accidents will happen.
- Never too old to learn.
- Money isn't everything.
- Live and learn.
- If you can't be good, be careful.
- Don't worry about what you did. Sometimes bad things happen.
- I'm glad you are here, even if the party started three hours ago.
- Even though that man makes you angry, he is spending money in our shop. Be nice.
- I know it was bad news, but there are worse things in life.
- Speak to Peter again. I'm sure you can convince him to join our company.
- If Mary is going to do that to you, you need to do something to Mary.
- When you go to college, you will probably do some things you shouldn't. Please don't be too crazy!
- I've moved all over the world with my wife. We're happy together no matter where we live.
- He's the director of the company, so he can do what he wants.
- This bad experience is only part of your life. Don't worry about it.
- You might not want to visit Los Angeles today, but maybe you will some day.
- I know it's hard to find a new job when you are 53, but you can do it!
- I haven't heard from my brother for more than three months.
- She's gone so her mother doesn't worry about her so much.
- I'm not surprised it already broke. You only paid $10 for that toy.
- Look at those two old people holding hands. I think they probably have a good marriage.