How to Save Sounds on an LG Ally
Save Sound Attachments
- 1). Press the "Home" button to go to the "Home" screen. This is the button with the image of a house on it.
- 2). Open the email app you use. The default options for this are the "Gmail" app and the "Email" app; the latter is meant for any non-Gmail account. If the app isn't on your "Home" screen, you can find it by tapping the "Launch key" at the bottom center of the screen.
- 3). Tap the email message that includes the audio attachment.
- 4). Tap the "Download" or "Save" button beside the attachment listed in the message. The exact label on the button depends on the app you're using. The download will begin, and the notification bar at the top of the display will inform you when the download is complete.
Transfer Sound Files
- 1). Connect the USB cord from your Ally to a free USB port on your computer. The USB jack on your phone is on the left edge of the phone.
- 2). Touch the notification bar at the top of your phone's display and drag it down the screen. This will display the full notification panel.
- 3). Select the "USB connected" option.
- 4). Tap "Mount."
- 5). Click the "Start" button in the lower left corner of your computer screen and click "Computer."
- 6). Double-click on your phone, which is displayed as a drive.
- 7). Drag and drop the sound file or files onto your phone. For your own organization, you may want to create a new folder for these by clicking "File," then "New," then "Folder."
- 8). Tap "Turn off USB storage" in the notification panel of your phone when you're done transferring files.
- 9). Remove the USB cord from your phone and your computer's USB port.