How to Set Up Grizzly 2000 Yamaha Brakes
- 1). Turn the Grizzly's handlebars so they are straight and the master cylinder is level.
- 2). Locate the brake fluid filler cap at the base of the brake lines. The brake fluid should reach to the minimum level mark at the side of this cap. If not, it should be filled to that mark.
- 3). Unscrew the fluid filler cap and fill the reservoir with DOT 4 brake fluid.
- 4). Screw the brake fluid filler cap back into place.
- 5). Check the brake fluid and refill it, as needed, prior to every ride on your Grizzly 600.
Front Brake Lever
- 1). Locate the front brake lever on the Grizzly 600's right handlebar. Measure this lever's free play with a precise measuring device, such as a wire thickness gauge. Free play should measure between 0.08- and 0.19-inch. Any more free play may reduce reaction times and cause dangerous riding conditions. You should adjust the free play in these instances.
- 2). Loosen the lock nut at the base of the front brake lever handle to begin the adjustment. Turn the connected adjusting bolt and continue to measure the free play with each turn.
- 3). Stop turning the adjusting bolt when the free play measures between 0.08- and 0.19-inch. Tighten the lock nut to keep this measurement in place.
- 4). Repeat this check and adjustment prior to every ride on your 2000 Grizzly 600.