How to Change a Front Fender of a Chevy Suburban
- 1). Remove the lug nuts on the right and left tire using the tire iron. Use the jack to lift the right and left side of the Suburban. Rest the front end onto jack stands. Remove the front tires.
- 2). Remove the right and left cover inside the wheel well, using a screwdriver to unscrew the screws holding the cover in place. Pull the cover off the frame on the right and left front side.
- 3). Remove the bolts holding the fender to the frame inside the wheel well on the right and left side, using the ratchet set. Remove the bolts holding the fender to the frame in the engine compartment and pull the fenders off the frame.
- 4). Place the new fenders on the frame and replace the bolt to the upper fender in the engine compartment and tighten the fenders with the ratchet set. Replace the bolts to the lower fenders in the wheel well and tighten the bolts with the ratchet set.
- 5). Replace the covers to the wheel well and insert the screw that holds the wheel well in place. Tighten the screw with the screwdriver.
- 6). Replace the tires to the frame and replace the lug nuts to the tire. Use the jack to raise the Suburban and remove the jack stands out from underneath the frame. Lower the Suburban to the ground and tighten the lug nuts with the tire iron.