- 1). Push "Home" on the iTouch. Slide the device's onscreen lock bar to the right.
- 2). Turn your iTouch to the vertical position. Quickly press "Home" twice.
- 3). Swipe your finger against the pop-up menu located at the bottom of the iTouch's screen.
- 4). Tap "Orientation" located in the bottom-left corner of the screen to lock the orientation in portrait mode. Once locked, a lock icon appears on "Orientation" and appears at the top of the iTouch's screen.
- 5). Press "Home" to exit the pop-up menu, or tap the home screen above the menu to exit. Press "Home" twice. Swipe your finger to the right to return to the pop-up menu and unlock the iTouch's orientation setting.