Hotels Close to Ft. Lewis
- Fort Lewis is located 13 miles from Olympia's State Capitol building.Jules Frazier/Photodisc/Getty Images
Fort Lewis is located south of the Puget Sound between Olympia and Tacoma. The almost 69,000-acre army base takes its name from Meriwether Lewis of the exploring duo Lewis and Clark. Nearby attractions include two golf courses, the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge, McChord Air Force Base and multiple lakes. Hotels are close to Fort Lewis in the surrounding cities of Dupont to the west, Yelm to the south and Lakewood to the north.
- Less than a mile from the Liberty Gate entrance to Fort Lewis, the 72-room Liberty Inn is located in Dupont near the northern portion of the army base. In addition to guest rooms, the inn features conference and banquet rooms, an indoor pool and complimentary breakfast buffet. Guests can enjoy a round of golf at Fort Lewis Golf Course or The Home Course less than two miles away.
GuestHouse Inn and Suites
- A couple of blocks further from Fort Lewis than the Liberty Inn, the 60-room GuestHouse Inn and Suites Hotel anchors a shopping center that includes convenience staples, like Starbucks and Subway. A scenic walking trail across the street from the hotel offers access to Grant Lake. In addition to the indoor pool, guests receive a complimentary continental breakfast and USA Today newspaper.
- Just north of McChord Air Force Base and northeast of Fort Lewis in Lakewood, the 83-room Candlewood Suites Hotel welcomes guests looking for apartment-style accommodations. Rooms even include a full kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher and stove top in addition to plates, silverware, and other utensils and cookware.
- The 67-room Prairie Hotel in Yelm, south of Fort Lewis, is completely smoke free and dog friendly. In addition to the rooms and suites, the Prairie Hotel also offers an event facility that seats up to 150 people. The combination of a dual-top desk in each room and free wireless Internet caters to businessmen who must combine business and relaxation.