How to Get the iPod Touch to the Set Up Screen
- 1). Open your computer's Web browser and navigate to Apple's iTunes download website. Click the blue Download Now button on the left side of the window to save the iTunes installation file to your computer.
- 2). Double-click the downloaded file to run the iTunes installation program. Follow the on-screen prompts to install iTunes to your computer.
- 3). Run the iTunes program.
- 4). Click "Store" in the menu bar and choose "Create Account." Doing so will initiate creation of your Apple ID.
- 5). Read the Terms and Conditions that are presented on the screen. Click the check box next to "I have read and agree to these terms and conditions" and click the Continue button to proceed.
- 6). Type your email address and desired login information in the form. Uncheck the boxes at the bottom of the page if you don't want to receive promotional emails from Apple. Click Continue to proceed to the billing information page.
- 7). Enter your credit card or PayPal information and your billing address on the next page. Click Continue. Apple will now send you a verification email at the address you provided earlier during setup.
- 8). Access your email account and open the email that you receive from Apple. Click the "Verify Now" link in the email and type your email address and password. Click the blue Verify Account button to complete your Apple account setup.
- 9). Plug your iPod touch to your computer's USB 2.0 port, using the cable that came with your iPod touch. The iTunes application will automatically proceed to the iPhone touch set up screen. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your iPod touch.