How to Enjoy an All-inclusive Resort in Playa del Carmen
- 1). Find the right all-inclusive resort for your needs. Both adult-only and family all-inclusives are offered in Playa del Carmen. The websites Playa Del Carmen and Loco Gringo offer information on the area’s all-inclusive resorts and feature photographs of the resorts and their facilities.
- 2). Book transportation from the Cancun International Airport to your resort. Because Playa del Carmen is located a little over an hour away from the airport, you will need to arrange for shuttle transportation or rent a car. Driving in Mexico can be a little disconcerting due to some drivers’ disregard for traffic signs and laws and you may find it more relaxing to arrive at your resort on a bus or van. Some resorts provide transportation to and from the airport, usually for an additional fee.
- 3). Ask about the features of your all-inclusive package. Does the package include two meals or three meals per day? Are all brands of alcohol included in the package or do you have to pay extra for premium brands? Is equipment for water sports included in the price?
- 4). Take time to enjoy the activities offered at your resort. If you grow tired of lounging around the beach or pool, try one of the resort’s activities. Snorkeling equipment, kayaks, boogie boards and other equipment are usually included for guests at all-inclusive resorts.
- 5). Venture off property and enjoy the area’s many sights and activities. Visit the Mayan ruins at nearby Tulum, take a ferry to Cozumel or spend the day at the Xcaret Archaeological Park. Explore on your own or sign up for a tour. You can arrange for a tour through your hotel or by using a local tour company.
- 6). Enjoy a show in the evening. Evening entertainment is a staple of all-inclusive resorts, with shows often involving audience participation. Most all-inclusive resorts also offer nightclubs for more adult entertainment.