How Do I Troubleshoot a Sharp R-1500 Microwave?
Replace Light Bulb
- 1). Disconnect your Sharp microwave, then remove the single screw from the light bulb cover. You will see two light bulbs.
- 2). Replace the burned out bulb with a new light bulb of the same wattage or no more than 30 watts. Make certain that you do not touch the light cover since it can become extremely hot with a working bulb.
- 3). Close the light bulb cover over the light bulb, screwing it in firmly.
Remove Microwave Odors
- 1). Make a solution of 1 cup water, the juice of 1 lemon and a few whole cloves in a glass container measuring 2 cups. Lemon juice and cloves -- the dried flower buds of the clove tree used as a spice -- help to remove odors.
- 2). Allow the mixture to boil for a few minutes at 100 percent power, then let the solution cool inside of your Sharp microwave.
- 3). Wipe the inside of your microwave thoroughly, using a soft cloth.
Reset the Clock
- 1). Reset the clock of your Sharp microwave if you've disconnected the microwave from the electrical wall outlet or if the power has gone out in your home. Touch "Stop/Clear," then touch the "Timer/Clock" pad.
- 2). Touch the numbers representing the time of day, i.e., touch "1230" to represent 12:30.
- 3). Touch the "Timer/Clock" pad once again to complete the clock reset.