If you want to release equity in home, there are some criteria that you need to fulfill. They are as follows:
- You have to be minimum 55 years of age.
- You should have a house of your own. It means that the ownership of the house should be in your name. It can also be in joint names.
- The house should be in good condition at the time of equity release. If there are problems, they must be repaired and renovated at the earliest.
- There should be no outstanding debts against the property in the market. No mortgage loans should be there. All legal documentations should be in place.
- The house should have a minimum valuation of £70,000-£75,000 in UK property market.
If you satisfy all these conditions, you will be able to release equity from your property without any problem. There are also many benefits and advantages in these plans. And therefore they have become very popular with people who are looking for financial stability post retirement. Some of the advantages of equity release are as follows:
- You do not need to leave your property even after you release equity in home. You can stay in the same property till you are alive. This is great for old people as it is difficult for them to relocate to a new place at this age.
- The money that is received for this investment can be taken in two ways. You can either take the entire money at one time basis in a lump sum amount. Or you can take the money in monthly or quarterly installments and meet the required expenses in a smooth manner. This option is open for your choice.