Bhutan is an incredible experience for children (and with kids under eleven not subject to the country's royalty and FIT charges, it's also affordable). This summer, you can immerse the entire family in this mysterious Himalayan kingdom with stays at two kid-friendly resorts. Uma by COMO, Paro, sits above a valley dotted with temples and farms, and is the ideal base for visits to the famous Tiger's Nest Monastery. Uma by COMO, Punakha, is nestled in the alpine stillness of the less-visited Punakha Valley.
This summer they are offering a five-night Family Discovery package includes archery lessons, football playing with young monks from the local monastery, prayer flag making, and nights roasting marshmallows over a bonfire. For more details click here.
This family adventure to Bhutan immerses both young and old in the fascinating culture of this magical Himalayan Kingdom. Uma by COMO, Paro, is a comfortable base with accommodation in one of Uma Paro's spacious villas, complete with private terrace and large living area. Children can enjoy bespoke activities including prayer-flag making, private archery lessons and tent building, while family day trips include vists to Paro Dzong, the National Museum of Bhutan and a spectacular walk to the iconic Tiger's Nest Monastery.
The package includes:
- Accommodation on a full-board basis (excluding beverages), including picnic lunches on excursion days
- Four-and-a-half days privately guided walks with picnic lunches taking in the highlights of the Paro Valley, including Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) Monastery, Kyichu Lhakhang, traditional villages, Neyphug Monastery
- The private guiding services of an experienced English-speaking Bhutanese Uma guide
- Private airport transfers and transport in Bhutan
- The services of a personal butler
- One COMO Shambhala Massage (60 minutes) per person for parents
- Complimentary scheduled one-hour daily Yoga class whilst at Uma Paro
- Complimentary use of the library, internet, swimming pool, steam room and gym at Uma Paro