How to Make a Paper Inflatable Star
- 1). Cut a strip about 1/2 to 1 inch wide off of the paper. The strip can remain the length of the paper (11 inches). You can experiment with the length and width of the paper after you've made a few stars.
- 2). Take one end of the strip of paper and tie a knot by bringing one end around the strip, and pulling it through itself. Pull on the end slightly to flatten the strip, so you have a tight pentagon-shaped knot. When finished, the end will stick out about an inch.
- 3). Fold the end of the strip that is sticking out back inward, creasing along the edge of the knot. Tuck it inside the knot.
- 4). Wrap the other end of the strip around the pentagon, creasing each time you wrap. Continue until you reach the end of the strip and tuck the end into the knot. All you will have left now is a small pentagon.
- 5). Carefully and gently press inward on the center of each edge. This will bow the center of each side of the pentagon in, causing the shape to look like a five-point star. It may take some time and practice to do this part properly. The star will begin to puff out and appear inflated.