How to Root the LG Optimus S
- 1). Go online to Oracle's Java SE Development Kit download page (oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads), click "Java Platform (JDK) 7," click "Accept License Agreement" and click the file associated with your operating system. For instance, if you're running Windows 64-bit, click "jdk-7-windows-x64.exe." Click "Run" in the dialog window to install the Java SE Development Kit to your computer.
- 2). Go online to the Android Developers' Android SDK download page (developer.android.com/sdk) and click the package associated with your operating system. For instance, if you are running Windows on your computer, click "android-sdk_r12-windows.exe." Click "Run" to install the Android development kit to your computer.
- 3). Go online to the SuperOneClick developers' home page (shortfuse.org), click "SuperOneClick," click "XDA Page," scroll down to "Attached Files" and click "SuperOneClickv1.9.5-ShortFuse.zip" to download the application. Click "Run" to install the application to your computer.
- 4). Activate your LG Optimus S, open the "Settings" app, tap "Applications," select "Development" and enable "USB Debugging."
- 5). Connect your LG Optimus to your computer using the device's USB connector cable. When prompted, do not choose to mount your LG Optimus---doing so may ruin your handset.
- 6). Launch the Android developer kit on your computer and double-click the SuperOneClick ZIP file you downloaded.
- 7). Click "Root" in the SuperOneClick application window. SuperOneClick roots your LG Optimus, displaying "Success" when the process is complete.