How do I Modify the Feed Ramp on a FM Hi Power 9MM Detective?
- 1). Drop the magazine and clear any live rounds in the chamber, then take down the gun and remove the barrel.
- 2). Install the felt tip attachment to the Dremel. Run the Dremel and load the felt tip with jeweler's rouge.
- 3). With the Dremel running at low RPMs, start polishing the curved or "humped" part of the barrel's feed ramp. The polishing action will actually take off material a little at a time.
- 4). Polish a little bit at a time, then clean up the ramp to evaluate how much metal has been removed. Go slowly, as you do not want to take off too much material. If you need to take off more, dip the wheel back into the jeweler's rouge and work on the feed ramp some more.
- 5). When you have removed enough metal, the feed ramp's "hump" will be gone and it will now be much straighter. Clean up any residual jeweler's rouge, then oil and reassemble the gun.