How to Change the Admin Password in WordPress
- 1). Visit the WordPress homepage (wordpress.com) and log into your account. Click the "My Account" tab in the top toolbar to access your dashboard.
- 2). Scroll down the page and click the "Users" tab to display the menu options. Click "Personal Settings."
- 3). Scroll to "Account Details" section. Enter your new password into each designated field. The password must be at least seven characters long. The site recommends that you include both capital and lowercase letters, as well as at least one symbol, to improve the security strength of your password.
- 4). Click the "Save Changes" button to update your WordPress account with your new password.
- 1). Log into the WordPress dashboard on your website.
- 2). Scroll down the page and click the "Users" tab to display the menu options. Click "Your Profile" to access your account settings.
- 3). Scroll down to the "About Yourself" section and enter your new password into each designated field. The interface recommends that you include a variety of characters, such as capital and lowercase letters, symbols and numbers.