How to Evaluate a GLBT Outreach Program
- 1). Locate a program you can get to easily. Check train or bus schedules if necessary.
- 2). Call the program hot line and ask questions.
- 3). Find out who the program addresses (lesbians, bisexuals and so on).
- 4). Ask if the program is anonymous or confidential. Ask if you'll have to give your name or other identifying information, and, if so, why the program needs the information.
- 5). Inquire about bringing others - friends or family members who may not be GLBT.
- 6). Find out if others from your school or town have visited. Ask what age group can attend the program.
- 7). Go to the program twice. Take a friend if you can. Give the program at least two chances - you may see different people each time you go.
- 8). Decide if the program makes you comfortable.
- 9). Find another program if the first program isn't for you.