How to Install an AEM V2 Intake on an EM2
- 1). Break loose the the lug nuts on the driver side front wheel with the lug wrench. Lift the driver's side front corner of the vehicle into the air with the floor jack. Place a floor jack under the front frame rail on the driver side of the vehicle. Lower the vehicle until it rests securely on the jack stand. Remove the wheel lug nuts with the lug wrench. Remove the wheel and tire from the vehicle.
- 2). Remove the plastic retainer clips from the inner wheel well on the front driver side of the vehicle by prying up on the center pin of each retainer with the flat tip screwdriver. Pull the driver side inner wheel well away from the vehicle and set it aside.
- 3). Lift the hood of the vehicle and support it with the hood prop rod. Loosen the clasp that secures the intake tube to the intake manifold and the air box with the screwdriver set. Gently pull the intake tube off the air box and then take off the intake manifold and discard. Loosen the retaining screws for the air box lid with the screwdriver set and pull up on the lid to remove the air filter box lid. Remove the air filter.
- 4). Remove the three bolts that hold the air box to the body of the vehicle with the socket and ratchet set. Pull the air box away from the vehicle and discard. Remove the driver side motor mount nut with the socket and ratchet set.
- 5). Install the AEM V2 cold air intake rubber unions to each end of of the lower intake tube. Slide the cone air filter onto the coupler at the end of the lower intake tube and install a clamp over the cone air filter side of the union and over the lower intake tube side of the union. Tighten the clamps with the screwdriver set.
- 6). Place a clamp over the rubber union on the opposite end of the lower intake tube and tighten it with the screwdriver set. Slide the lower intake tube between the chassis and the body and push it toward the engine. The air filter should sit loosely inside the bumper cover.
- 7). Slide the lower intake tube mounting lip over the driver side motor mount bolt and thread the motor mount nut onto the motor mount bolt. Tighten the nut with the socket and ratchet set. Place the plastic inner wheel well back into the driver side wheel well. Secure it into place by installing the plastic retainer clips. Push the center pins of the plastic retainer until they sit flush with the retainer.
- 8). Place the wheel and tire back onto the vehicle and hand-tighten the lug nuts. Raise the corner of the vehicle off the jack stand with the floor jack. Remove the jack stand and lower the corner of the vehicle to the ground. Tighten the lug nuts to the vehicle manufacturer's recommended torque with the torque wrench.
- 9). Install the last rubber union onto the intake manifold flange on the engine. Place a clamp over the rubber union and secure the union to the intake manifold by tightening the clamp with the screwdriver set. Place another clamp of the the rubber union and slide the upper intake tube into the rubber union. Slide the clap up over the union to secure the intake tube with the rubber union and tighten it with the screwdriver set.
Slide the last clamp over the upper intake tube and slide the upper intake tube into the coupler previously installed on the lower intake tube. Slide the clamp down over the rubber union and tighten it with the screwdriver to secure the upper intake tube to the lower intake tube.