Five of the major factors which afflict sperm motility include morphology, concentration, speed, sub-fertility and count.
- Morphology: Bearing the resemblance of a tadpole in shape, the head holds the genetic material, the center provides energy whilts the tail helps thrust your sperm forward.
Oddly shaped sperm will not perform at optimum rate hence are incapable of fertilizing an egg.
- Concentration: Referring to the measure of the number of sperm cells per milliliter of semen the mean concentration per male measures approximately 22 million sperm cells per milliliter of semen.
- Speed: Based on a study by the World Health Organization, beyond 25% of sperm will exhibit progressive motility.
This offers the sperm the best chance of successfully fertilizing an egg.
- Sub-fertility: Referring to the couples that cannot as opposed to infertility, the typical cause of male sub-fertility include the following: blockage in the sperm's delivery system, sperm production problems, injuries to the testicles, low or high hormone production, varicocele, sperm quality, anatomical problems, past illnesses, and side effects of medications.
- Sperm count: Count refers to the number of sperms in the fluid that you ejaculate.
There are over 50 million sperms in a normal ejaculation, and a total count below 35 million may indicate a decreased fertility rate.
So when it comes to healthy sperm, the general rule is that roughly 50% of sperm will move in a dynamic and active fashion, where 25% of them will move vehemently in one direction.
The significance of this is that it enables the sperm to travel through the cervical canal, into the uterus and through fallopian tubes, so as to break through to the egg.
How to increase sperm motility: During the past decade, the medical community had been committed to developing effective and safe alternative treatments where recent studies show that increasing sperm volume can now be accomplished in two ways.
1) Herbal supplements: Supplements that contain amino acids and zinc, if taken regularly, are argued to increase your ejaculation fluid.
Zinc also seems to improve both the amount of sperm produced as well as the sperm's motility which together with amino acids, will help increase your sperm volume significantly.
2) PC exercises: Kegel exercises will not only help you last longer, they will help increase your sperm volume.
Several of these can be implemented through medically supplied traction devices.
Whilst assisting in an increase in length and girth, there main importance to help increase your low sperm motility is to resolve anatomical problems and blockages in your sperm's delivery system.