Weather is an unpredictable beast. Check three different reports for tomorrow's temperatures and rainfal and you'll get three different prognoses, so how can you predict and prepare a month or more ahead of time? Most sites trying to predict weather further away than next week will choose the average temperature and rainfall to help decide if it will rain or shine. But that doesn't tell the whole story.
For this page on weather in November in Madrid, I have also included recent years' conditions to give you a better idea of what to expect.
What Weather to Prepare for in Madrid in NovemberWhat's wrong with averages for predicting weather? Because weather is rarely average. If it rained ever on a particular day, the average rainfall for that day will be a few millimetres. And average temperatures don't tell you about the unusually warm or really cold days which can always occur.
Looking at the past few years weather conditions, we can see that Madrid in November tends to be cool but not cold in the daytime, dropping to near zero at night.
See also: 100 Things to Do in Madrid
Madrid in Early-November: Average Temperatures and Recent Years' WeatherMadrid has cooled off by November, with the weather hovering around 12°C in the past couple of years, with the exception of 2010, when the Spanish capital experienced a little Indian summer.
At night it gets pretty cold, so bring a jacket! Compare this to weather in Barcelona in November (see link above), where temperatures hardly drop at night. Rain is possible in Madrid, but infrequent.
- November 5 Averages High: 12°C. Low: 3°C.
- November 5 Records High: 21°C. Low: 1°C.
- November 5, 2012 High: 13°C. Low: 2°C. No rain.
- November 5, 2011 High: 11°C. Low: 8°C. 2mm of rain.
- November 5, 2010 High: 21°C. Low: 7°C. No rain.
Best Event in Madrid in Early-November The Madrid Jazz Festival starts in early November, while there's also the International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival.
See also: Events in Spain in November
Madrid in Mid-November: Average Temperatures and Recent Years' Weather
- The weather tends to stay fairly constant through into mid-November, with temperatures still in the mid- to low-teens. It is usually dry.
- November 15 Averages High: 11°C. Low: 2°C.
- November 15 Records High: 16°C. Low: -2°C.
- November 15, 2012 High: 17°C. Low: 8°C. No rain.
- November 15, 2011 High: 12°C. Low: 5°C. No rain.
- November 15, 2010 High: 12°C. Low: 3°C. No rain.
Best Event in Madrid in Mid-November There's a Semana de Cine Experimental de Madrid (Experimental Cinema Week).
Madrid in Late-November: Average Temperatures and Recent Years' WeatherMore of the same in late-November. The winter chill hasn't caught yet, apart from at night when it gets pretty cold.
- November 25 Averages High: 10°C. Low: 1°C.
- November 25 Records High: 16°C. Low: -2°C.
- November 25, 2012 High: 15°C. Low: 8°C. No rain.
- November 25, 2011 High: 17°C* Low: 2°C. No rain.
- November 25, 2010 High: 11°C. Low: -1°C. No rain.
*2011 saw a record high temperature recorded in Madrid. However, due to differences in how records and daily temperatures are calculated, the record is 16°C but the daily temperature for this day is 17°C.
Source: Weather Underground Almanac