How to Make Pipe Cleaner Candy Canes
- 1). Decide how thick you want your candy canes. Use one red and one white pipe cleaner per candy cane for a thickness about that of a pencil. Or, for thicker candy canes, twist together two or more red pipe cleaners together and two or more white pipe cleaners together.
- 2). Tightly twist one end of your red and white pipe cleaners together for about 1/2 an inch. To make these twists extra tight, you can use pair of pliers. These first twists must be tight enough to hold the two pipe cleaners together. You can also place a small dab of hot glue at the very tip of the two pipe cleaners to help hold them together, but this is not necessary if you twist them tight enough.
- 3). Make larger looser twists for the remaining length of the two pipe cleaners until you reach their other end. Try to keep your twists even in length.
- 4). Make another tight twist at the other end of the pipe cleaners to close off your candy cane.
- 5). Turn the end of your twisted pipe cleaners down in a -shape. To get this hook nice and round, wrap the end of your pipe cleaners around a round glass.