The food products which can increase sperm count and motility are the food items that contain vitamin A, C, zinc, selenium, folic acid and minerals.
1. Vitamin A helps in increasing sperm count and it is found in carrots and dark green vegetables. One should include following vegetables in diet to take vitamin A such as lettuce, spinach, broccoli and sweet potatoes. Take oatmeal and dried apricots in the diet. Spice such as red peppers can also raise the sperm count.
2. Vitamin C is also needed to improve the condition, and it is found in juicy fruits and vegetables.
3. Zinc is required for improving the testosterone levels. Zinc in found in yoghurt, corn, beef and oatmeal. One can aim to get twelve to fifteen milligrams of zinc each day in diet.Some of the food items which contain zinc are beef, beans and dark chicken meat. One should avoid intake of high quantities of zinc as more than required quantity of zinc can also be harmful for sperm motility.
4. Vegetables such as beans, whole grains and avocadoes contain folic acids which are needed for the production of sperms which are potentially of superior quality because such sperms reduce the chance of chromosomal abnormalities.
5. Omega 3 fatty acids are required to improve blood circulation to reproductive organs and to improve the functioning of these parts. Food products rich in omega 3 fatty acids are flaxseeds, chicken, shrimp, crab and arugula.
6. One should get Folate through black eyed beans, potatoes and papaya. Folate is also found in green leafy vegetables and sprouts.
7. Some of the food products which can reduce the amount of sperm production are cigarette and alcohol. Although a Brazilian studies indicated that coffee can increase the sperm motility.
8. One should avoid bitter and spicy food to prevent production of unhealthy sperms.
9. Ginseng is an herb which is considered to be helpful in improving the immunity and it also reduces impotency. Saw Palmetto helps in improving the health of male reproductive organs and flaxseeds is good for improving blood circulation.
10. One should avoid taking bath in sauna bath and hot tub bath should not be taken because it is said that hot water bath kills the sperms. Certain drugs such as steroids can reduce production of sperm. A clean and healthy life should be managed to get the needed result. A proper weight should be maintained and do not eat food high in preservatives and chemicals.