How to Make Homemade Drinking Alcohol
- 1). Let the fruit juice get to room temperature by setting it out for a few hours.
- 2). Put sugar and yeast into the empty, cleaned jug using the funnel.
- 3). Add a cup of juice. Put the lid on the jug and shake until the yeast, sugar and juice are blended. The sugar feeds the yeast, making it grow. The yeast ferments the juice, making it alcoholic.
- 4). Fill the rest of the jug with juice, leaving a 3-inch gap between the top of the jug and the juice.
- 5). Cover the mouth of the jug with two small pieces of cheesecloth. Use the rubber band to secure the cheesecloth to the mouth of the jug.
- 6). Put the jug in a warm, dry, dark area for 3 weeks.
- 7). Filter the alcohol through several layers of cheesecloth. The wine is now ready to drink.