How to Troubleshoot the GE Triton Quiet II Plus Profile Dishwasher
- 1). Check the power source if the Triton dishwasher is not functioning at all and the control panel does not light up. Reset or replace the circuit breaker or fuse as needed and locate the dishwasher power cord to make sure it is plugged in.
- 2). Open and shut the dishwasher door if the control panel lights were lit up but have gone out. Reset the wash cycle and press each desired pad within 30 seconds of the previous pad.
- 3). Reload the dishwasher with items secure in the racks and space between each item if there is a rattling sound or items are getting cracked or chipped. Reposition the items so that larger pieces are toward the back if there is detergent left in the cup, as bigger dishes may block the cup from releasing during the cycle.
- 4). Open the dishwasher door and press "Start/Reset" three times if the detergent cup is latched shut after the wash cycle and does not open.
- 5). Run the garbage disposer and clean the air gap if water does not pump out of the tub. Select a new drain cycle and push "Start."
- 6). Dissipate extra suds by letting air into the dishwasher and then add 1 gallon of water and pressing "Start/Reset" twice to drain. Use automatic detergent dishwasher only and clean up any rinse aid spills.
- 7). Turn off other appliances that use water at the same time as the dishwasher if items are not coming out clean. Increase household water temperature to 120 degrees Fahrenheit, clean out the air gap, and load the racks properly so that items aren't nested together. Note that water above 150 degrees Fahrenheit might create cloudiness on glasses.
- 8). Refill the rinse aid dispenser if glasses and flatware is spotted. Remove anything metal from the tub and run the dishwasher for 20 minutes before opening the door and adding 2 cups white vinegar. Shut the door and resume the cycle.
- 9). Mix together ½ cup bleach and 3 cups hot water and apply the mixture to the tub with a cleaning sponge to remove yellow or brown stains inside the dishwasher. Consider a water filter for the home if this is a regular problem.
Verify that the water temperature reaches 120 degrees Fahrenheit if the "Sanitize" wash cycle does not complete or the "Sanitized" light is not illuminated when the cycle is chosen.