- Carroll Shelby, the mind behind the Shelby line, started his dream of producing top quality cars in the 1960s. From 1965 to 1970 the Shelby Mustang was built as a high-end model of the Ford Mustang. In 2007, the Ford Mustang revived its relationship with Shelby and started producing the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. The Super Snake edition of the GT500 is an upgrade kit offered by Shelby.
Models and Trims
- The Shelby Super Snake upgrade is based on the 2010 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 models. The GT500 has two models available; the convertible and the coupe. Both models can be upgraded into a Super Snake although the coupe is the only model that can be equipped with the 725 hp supercharger kit.
- The base engine for both coupe and convertible model is a 540 hp supercharged 5.4L V8 engine. When you upgrade your GT500 into a Super Snake, both models can transform into a 630 hp vehicle while a 725HP upgrade is only available on the coupe. This transformation can be achieved by installing the Shelby/Ford Racing TVS 630 HP supercharger or the Racing Whipple 750 HP Supercharger together with a new exhaust system. You can also optionally install a cold air intake system and a custom drive shaft for the 725HP option.
Suspension and Design
- Included in the Super Snake package is the addition of the Shelby/Ford Racing suspension with adjustable damper, a short throw shifter and the Shelby/Baer six-piston caliper brake system as well as rotors in the rear. An option to upgrade into an Eibach handling pack is also available.
- The upgrade includes the Super Snake hood with pins, Super Snake badgings, carbon fiber body components, the Super Snake striping, quarter window scoops and sequential tail lights. You will also get the 20-inch Pirelli P-Zero tires to add flare to your car. Design upgrades on the interior include satin door lock knobs and headrests with the Shelby logo. You can also opt to upgrade your standard GT500 audio system into a Kicker stereo system. Leather interior upgrades are optional as well.
- The base model for the 2010 Shelby GT500 is $48,645, while the convertible is priced at $53,645. as of October 2010. Upgrading either of the two will cost an additional $29,495 for the 630HP package and $33,495 for the 725HP coupe package.